Friday, June 3, 2022

There Is A New Professional Frisbee Team In Denver. Really!


I was taking my sister Susan's dog Blackberry for a walk on the University of Denver campus, across the street from my condo, last Saturday and was surprised to find that there was a professional frisbee match taking place at DU's Peter Barton Lacross Stadium. I learned later that it was the home opener of the Colorado Summit, who were playing the Salt Lake Shred. And there were actually people in the stands watching the game! And they looked perfectly normal, too. I also noticed a charter bus from Salt Lake City out in front, which means the Salt Lake team had to travel all day to get to Denver, play the game, and no doubt travel back to Salt Lake that night. Colorado won the game 21-20. I checked on the internet, and found that tickets cost $15, which to me is a lot of money to watch people play frisbee. Will the league survive? My opinion is that if you like professional frisbee, you had better go to the games while you still can.

No comments:

Post a Comment