Sunday, June 12, 2022

Time To Head To The Mountains


It reached 101 degrees here in Denver yesterday, with no relief in sight, and so it is definitely time to head up into the mountains to cool off. My favorite mountain hangout is Breckenridge, an old mining town that is now an upscale ski resort, but Vail - also a well-known ski resort - is very nice, too. Although it was only incorporated in 1966, Vail still has a lot of charm, built to resemble an alpine ski village, with Gore Creek running through the center of town. That is where I took the photograph above of my sister Susan, posing next to one of the many fountains in town, back when she still allowed me to take her photograph. I wonder if she would let me take another photo, in the same spot with the same pose, if I offered to drive us up there to escape the heat for the day? A "then and now" kind of thing. I would suggest it, but I'm afraid she would lunge at me with a knife. Some people are just so touchy. 

No comments:

Post a Comment