Monday, March 6, 2023

Denver's Month Of Photography





This March is the Month of Photography here in Denver, a biennial event that features photography exhibitions all across the city. I was hoping to attend the First Friday event in the Art District on Santa Fe, but couldn't squeeze it in, and so decided to visit various galleries sporadically throughout the month. Since virtually all the venues are closed on Sunday, I decided to start with a small gallery located right across the street from City Park, open only Saturdays and Sundays, and seen in the photograph on the left.






When I walked in, I thought I had the wrong address, since it appeared to be a restaurant, not an art gallery. I then walked out, saw the name of the gallery on the window, and went back in again, where I saw that a birthday party was taking place. I took the photograph on the right, and walked out again, noticing a sign that said they were closed, no doubt due to that event. They are open only two days a week and are closed one of those days for a party? Seriously? Welcome to the wonderful, weird world of "artistes." An inauspicious start to the Month of Photography, but I will persevere over the next 4 weeks and try to see some photography, somewhere, sometime. In any case, be sure to check out all the photo exhibitions taking place this month at https://denvermop.org/event-calendar/.

No comments:

Post a Comment