Sunday, March 19, 2023

Rediscovering A Photo From A Long Ago Trip


I was going through an old external hard drive the other day and found some photographs that I took in the UK years ago. I was still taking photo classes back then, and remember the class seemed to like the photo seen above. I took it on the bus from London to an outlying airport (was it Stansted?) to catch a flight to Prague. When I first arrived in London from Denver,  I toured the city all day, then took a train to York, and stayed at a B&B. I toured York in the morning, took a train to Edinburgh, and toured that city in the afternoon. I then boarded an overnight train back to London, arrived at an ungodly early hour, and toured the city for another day before catching that bus to the airport. All without having to stay at a pricey hotel in London. I have often thought I should start a travel company called "Cheapskate Tours," but am afraid one of my tour groups might wind up killing me, recreating that dramatic scene in Agatha Christie's Murder on the Orient Express. Of course, we would all be sitting up in coach all night, so there would be witnesses. But would that stop them?

No comments:

Post a Comment