Thursday, March 9, 2023

The Goldilocks Theory Of Cities


I took the above photograph while walking through Denver's Washington Park a while back, and seeing the downtown skyline from where I was standing, it made me think about the differences between Denver and Chicago, where I spent the first half of my life. Chicago is, of course, a big city - still the third largest metropolitan area in the country. Denver is a mid-sized city, a much more laid back kind of place. I miss downtown Chicago's vibrancy, the near North Side, Lincoln and Grant Parks, and of course the lakefront. Not to mention the South Side Brainerd neighborhood of Chicago, where I grew up. On the other hand, here in Denver, I can walk or bike all over the city, and am only 20 minutes from downtown via the Light Rail, which makes going to Colorado Rockies games at Coors Field a breeze. Of course, the Rockies stink, while both the White Sox and Cubs actually try to win, but you can't have everything, right? I have to admit, life is indeed good here.

No comments:

Post a Comment