Tuesday, March 28, 2023

More On The Month Of Photography



This past Sunday I visited several more art galleries on Santa Fe Drive participating in Denver's Month of Photography, which I learned after the fact was Sundays on Santa Fe, celebrated on the last Sunday of every month. My first stop was Niza Knoll Gallery, which was featuring the work of National Geographic photographer Jay Dickman, and I was very impressed with his photographs. His portraits of people from places such as the Himalayas and Africa were especially good. Dickman was there in person to discuss his work, but since there was a handwritten sign at the entrance that said "no photographs," instead of a photo of Dickman in front of his work, I was reduced to taking a photograph of the entrance of the gallery with a photo of my sorry mug photoshopped on to it. Bummer.






Next, I headed across the street to D'art Gallery, which was featuring what is called a "Conceptual Photography Exhibition," curated by Mark Sink, the co-founder of the Museum of Contemporary Art Denver and founder of The Month of Photography. Sink selected 50 photographs from 500 submitted by fine art photographers from across the country, and I must say most of them were quite impressive. I strongly recommend visiting these galleries and taking a look before the exhibitions close. Be sure to check out Niza Knoll Gallery at https://www.nizaknollgallery.com/ and D'Art Gallery at https://dartgallery.org/visitcontact.

No comments:

Post a Comment