Monday, March 20, 2023

The First Day Of Spring!


Today is the first day of spring, which is good news indeed, although here in Denver, March is our snowiest month, and April comes in at number two. However, that sounds much worse that it really is. All that snow usually comes from just one or two snowstorms, and the rest of the time it is usually warm and sunny. Of course, back in March of 2003, Denver had the second biggest snowstorm in it's history. The city got 32 inches of snow between March 17th and 19th, and Aurora, just to the east, got 40 inches. Denver International Airport was closed for days. I myself was in Stuart, Florida at the time, visiting my mother Mary, and had to extend my vacation in that warm and sunny paradise until the airport reopened. Happily, I was able to somehow tough it out. And yes, the photograph above was indeed taken at Denver's Washington Park on a quiet weekday afternoon.

No comments:

Post a Comment