Friday, December 29, 2023

Grabbing A Pizza At Grabowski's With Stuart


I drove out to Lakewood, Colorado yesterday afternoon to have lunch at Grabowski's Pizzeria with my friend Stuart, seen in the photograph above. Since baseball spring training does not start for another 7 weeks, and both the Chicago Cubs (Stuart's team, given he is from Chicago's North Side), and my South Side heroes, the Chicago White Sox, are not making many moves during the off-season, the conversation mainly focused on the current state of affairs, which, of course, is depressing as hell. Best to focus on pizza, instead. As I have mentioned before on this blog, Grabowski's is owned by Chicago transplants, and serves pizzas with names such as Classic Chicago and Old Comiskey. We ordered the Classic Chicago, a traditional Chicago pizza covered with cheese and fennel-heavy Italian sausage. This place has moved to the top of my list of favorite Denver area pizza parlors. It definitely holds it own with Vito and Nick's, my family's favorite pizza place when I was growing up in the South Side Brainerd neighborhood of Chicago, and Aurelio's Pizza, our go-to place in Homewood, Illinois, after we moved to the Southern Suburbs. Finally! Civilized dining is coming to Colorado at last!

No comments:

Post a Comment