Wednesday, December 27, 2023

Waiting For The 2024 CTA Historical Calendar


The new 2024 Chicago Transit Authority Historical Calendar will be available online in less than a week. I download it onto my computer every year. It features monthly photographs of various CTA transit vehicles in front of memorable Chicago scenes, all from years past. My all-time favorite was a photo of an old-fashioned street car going down the hill from Longwood Drive to the business district and the Rock Island commuter stop in the South Side Beverly neighborhood, a place I know very well. However, I was a bit disappointed with the 2023 calendar. All but one or two of the photographs were relatively recent, and not very nostalgic. I have high hopes that this year's edition will include more of the classic black and white images featured in previous calendars. One can always hope, right? Look for it this coming Monday.

No comments:

Post a Comment