Wednesday, December 13, 2023

The World's Top City Destination For 2023: Paris!


Paris has been named the most attractive city destination for 2023 by global research company Euromonitor. In fact, seven out of the top 10 on that list are in Europe. I can't argue that Paris and the other cities, including Rome, don't deserve this honor, but I am very surprised at why they say these cities made the top 10. Euromonitor says Europe dominates the list due to "fast-paced urbanization and technology adoption. Travelers now want high-speed internet, flexible booking options, and spaces for remote working." Seriously? People go to Paris for high-speed internet and remote working spaces? My sister Susan and I went to Paris in 2019, and I have to admit, the quality of the internet was not the main reason for visiting the city. The people who put these lists together need to get real. Would everyone choose to vacation in Hoboken, New Jersey, instead, if the internet was better there than in Paris? Of course, there are all kinds of lists like this on the internet these days. I went through a whole bunch of them looking for this article after seeing it on my home page earlier in the day. Who knows how they really decide these rankings? One thing I did notice was that all of these lists put Paris at the top, no doubt due that great high-speed internet. And by the way, I took the photograph above on the Ile St-Louis in Paris back in 2019. Suprisingly, I did not see anyone on their laptops at that cafe.

No comments:

Post a Comment