Monday, December 11, 2023

Watching Tottenham Beat Newcastle With Mark


I went over to my friend Mark's place to watch the soccer match between Tottenham and Newcastle yesterday morning. Mark is ordinarily a Tottenham fan, but Newcastle is his favorite Premier League Soccer team, and so he was rooting for them. I myself root for Tottenham, mainly because it is the only soccer team where I recognize some of the players. Sadly for Mark, Newcastle looked horrible, and Tottenham dominated the game, winning by a score of 4-1. The Colorado Spurs, the Tottenham Hotspur supporters group, who meet at Esters Pub in the Virginia Village neighborhood here in Denver, must have been been out of their minds with joy. Of course, since Mark was wearing a Newcasle United jersey, it was a good thing we weren't there - soccer fans are pretty touchy about people rooting for the opposing team. The photograph above, by the way, shows Mark, in that Newcastle jersey, standing in front of Tottenham Hotspur Stadium in North London, all through the magic of Photoshop. And I must say, looking at that stadium, I actually think I might like to attend a game there. But definitely not wearing the opposing team's jersey.

No comments:

Post a Comment