Thursday, August 8, 2024

Birds Of A Feather...


I spotted the birds in the photograph above sitting in a row on a fence at Shepard Park here in Stuart, Florida the other day. Not being much of an ornithologist, I didn't have the faintest idea what kind of bird they were. I have been on the lookout for pelicans but have not seen any around - they probably all stay inside in the air conditioning this time of year - and so I only knew that these were not pelicans. I searched the internet, and from looking at photos online I believe these are white ibises, since ibises have black tips on their wings, and the ones in the photograph definitely qualify. I could, of course, be wrong, but give me a break - I am originally from the South Side of Chicago, and I can count on one hand the number of times I have seen white ibises, or for that matter, pelicans, hanging out in the old neighborhood. And even then, I suspect it might have been after a couple of beers.

No comments:

Post a Comment