Saturday, August 3, 2024

Talk About A Red State - Even The Manatees Are Magaheads


Florida is definitely a red state - even the manatees, such as the one in the photograph above, seem to be Magaheads (is that even a word?). Just the other day my sister Susan and I were having lunch under the shelter at Stuart Beach, and sitting at a table right across from us were two middle-aged women. They seemed normal enough, and were having a conversation on a variety of topics. Then they started discussing their firearms. One mentioned a certain kind of revolver, and the other chimed in that that particular weapon was very similar to the .380 she keeps in her purse. Which I didn't fail to notice was sitting right next to her. I learned on the web that a .380 is also known as an Automatic Colt Pistol, and a popular weapon for self-defense. I myself have never thought of Stuart, Florida as a crime-ridden city, so I am not sure why that woman was so well-armed. Perhaps it is just a political statement, but whatever the reason, I decided not to mention anything negative about Donald Trump in her presence. Better safe than sorry, right?

No comments:

Post a Comment