Friday, August 30, 2024

Three-Inch Teeth


I just finished reading Three-Inch Teeth, the latest Joe Pickett novel by C.J. Box. This book was actually published last February, but I just got around to reading it. My sister Susan and I attended the author event for this book, where Box read several passages from the novel, answered questions, and signed books for readers, and we enjoyed it very much. These days, instead of just showing up at a bookstore for an author talk, and then deciding if you want to buy the book, you have to purchase tickets in advance that include a copy of the novel. The event is then held in an auditorium. I understand the reasoning for this, but still don't like it. Nevertheless, I did enjoy the book very much. This time, a rogue grizzly bear is attacking and killing people across Wyoming, including the potential fiancée of game warden Joe Pickett's daughter Sheridan. At the same time, Dallas Cates, who Joe helped to put in prison years ago, has been released from prison, and seeks revenge against the people who put him in jail and who he feels were responsible for the death of his family. It is an exciting read, and I recommend picking up a copy today.

No comments:

Post a Comment