Saturday, February 17, 2018

Colfax Update



For the past two years, the City of Denver has been building a new recreation center on the northeast corner of Colfax and York, just down the street from the local bookstore where I work.  I took the above photograph from the parking garage next door to the bookstore.  The thing that surprises me most is that I saw no opening ceremonies or publicity about it finally opening up.  One day it was under construction, and the next time I walked past it, you could see rows of people on exercise bikes through the windows.  Looks damn tiring to me, but that is just my opinion.  And I am worried that they won't have the energy to walk a block to the store and peruse the books.  Another example of how exercise can hurt the mind.  I'm convinced.

No comments:

Post a Comment