Wednesday, August 7, 2013

A Refuge From The Storm


Last Saturday we had a major rainstorm here in Denver, and I needed to seek shelter immediately. Fortunately I was very close to Jordan's Irish Pub, located kitty-corner from the University of Denver, and got there just as the skies opened up.  Nobody shouted "Dave" as I walked in, but it was good to find a refuge from the storm.  The driving rain went on for over an hour, and the place lost power for a while. However, the beer taps still functioned, so nobody panicked.  The situation reminded me a lot of the film Key Largo, except for the fact that we weren't in Florida and we weren't being held captive.  I - naturally - imagined myself in the Humphrey Bogart role, although I wasn't wearing a toupee, as Bogart always did. Eventually the power came back on, and it was back to reality.  Although many people do say I remind them of Bogie.

No comments:

Post a Comment