Saturday, August 24, 2013

If I Ran The Zoo...


I spent Friday afternoon at the Denver Zoo.  If you go early enough, staff members show off various animals and give a little talk about them.  In the photograph above, a zoo employee feeds a porcupine named Coco. I hate to be critical, but most of the animals the zoo features are pretty damned boring.  Let face it, Coco is not very exciting.  A much better creature to feature would be one of the zoos black crested macaques.  I was standing in front of the glass looking at one when he glared at me, ran right toward me, and slammed his body into the glass.  He then turned around and went back to where he had been sitting, waiting to be let inside the monkey house.  Now having one of those on a perch like the one above would be fun.  In between trying to control the beast, the staff member could discuss what exactly makes it go postal like that. Internalized rage at being caged, no doubt.

No comments:

Post a Comment