Monday, August 12, 2013

Dinner With Ana Silvia And Joe


I was invited to dinner yesterday evening by my friends Ana Silvia and Joe.  Ana Silvia is my brother-in-law George's cousin and is originally from Honduras, and her husband Joe is originally from Poland.  In keeping with the international theme, Ana Silvia served homemade Chinese food and fried rice, which I must say was excellent.  I intend to return the favor by inviting them over to my place soon to try my homemade Mandarin beef and fried rice. It is an old family recipe, but I will still have to stop by the Red Coral Chinese Restaurant down the street to pick up some fortune cookies.  I serve everything in those funky cardboard cartons to make it all seem more authentic. Would you believe some people accuse me of just buying the food already precooked?  Everyone is so cynical these days.

No comments:

Post a Comment