Sunday, August 25, 2013

Far Out! Highlands Ranch Really Does have A Ranch!


I have attended a number of book signings lately at the Tattered Cover Bookstore's branch in Highlands Ranch, a suburb south of Denver.  Each time I Blog about it, I mention how happy I am to get away from that cow-infested town.  I was just kidding, of course, but it turns out that there actually is a ranch in Highlands Ranch, and they really do have cows - a lot of them.  The ranch runs right through the suburb, and many of the houses back right up to pastureland.  I would think this would cause serious problems for the town, since most of these cows are probably destined for the Swift & Company slaughterhouse up in Greeley, Colorado.  PETA has a lot of support here, and I would think many of the residents would try to save these cows through some sort of updated underground railroad.  I can see it now. "Ma'am, I am Detective Rainey of the Highlands Ranch Police Department.  Is that a cow in your living room?"

No comments:

Post a Comment