Saturday, August 3, 2013

Always Up For A Photograph


I went to the Denver Zoo yesterday afternoon to take a few animal portraits.  I couldn't help but notice that every time I passed the cheetah compound, the cheetah was always ready for a photograph.  As soon as I would take out my camera, the cheetah in the photograph above would sit up, look directly into the camera, and smile.  This is in sharp contrast to many of my human subjects.  I remember that Jan - one of my former DU Bookstore colleagues who moved to Omaha a few years ago - would always let me take her photograph, but it would often take 4 to 6 weeks for her to prepare.  That is not the case with Ms.Cheetah. She is always up for a photo op.  I once knew another Ms.Cheetah back on Rush Street in Chicago, who was also always up for a photo op, but that's a whole different story.

No comments:

Post a Comment