Monday, August 5, 2013

Going Upscale!


I had pizza and beer at the Old Chicago in Lakewood last night with my friend Stuart, seen in the photo above sitting underneath a black and white landscape photograph of a typical Chicago block (notice all the bungalows and two-flats).  In any case, we couldn't help but notice that Old Chicago's advertising signs now say "pizza and taproom."  There are no longer any bars in their establishments.  Back on the south side of Chicago we had only bars.  Stuart says that I am now rising above my humble south side roots by drinking in a taproom.  Personally I feel "bistro and taproom" would have sounded even classier.  I am willing to bet the discussions in the corporate boardroom on the "pizza versus bistro" issue must have gone on for weeks.  On the other hand, this was Lakewood, so how classy could the place possibly become, for goodness' sake?

No comments:

Post a Comment