Monday, August 19, 2013

Taking The Tour


I gave Valarie - my friend and the former Operations Manager of the DU Bookstore - a tour of my condo building's facilities yesterday morning after breakfast at Pete's University Cafe.  I must say, Valarie was quite impressed with the lobby, the recreation room, and the pool.  I was hoping we would catch one of the DU students leaping off the balcony into the pool, but evidently it must have been too early for them.  In any case, my building was converted from an apartment building into a condo 13 years ago.  They did a major remodeling back then, so I personally believe it is no longer a prime example of "Soviet style architecture," as a writer for the Rocky Mountain News described it at the time.  As a matter of fact, the Chancellor of the University of Denver, Daniel Ritchie, said the building destroyed the view of his 60 million dollar (or whatever) Ritchie Center, which had just opened directly across the street.  What can I say - Ritchie is no longer Chancellor and the Rocky Mountain News is long out of business.  So Ha!

No comments:

Post a Comment