Wednesday, October 16, 2013

Baseball In October - But Not In Denver


I walked past Coors Field this past Monday - all is quiet there these days now that the Colorado Rockies finished last once again in their division this year.  In contrast, the Saint Louis Cardinals are in the playoffs and doing pretty well.  I saw them play the Rockies a few weeks ago, and I have to say I was quite impressed with the team.  Not just because they play the game well, but because they truly are a team. Before the game, the entire roster lined up for the National Anthem.  The Rockies had the manager, a few players, and Dinger, the mascot, standing at attention, and no one else.  I have to wonder if the fact that the Cardinals are a team in all respects might be the reason they are in the playoffs.  A possible lesson for the Rockies?

No comments:

Post a Comment