Sunday, October 13, 2013

Man's Best Friend


People keep telling me I need to get a dog, such as the one in the photograph above.  Although I like dogs, and once had a pet beagle - Irma -  as a child, I still am very hesitant about the whole thing.  Not only do I have a fairly new carpet in my condo, which might suffer if I acquired a dog, but I am away from home quite a bit. Although I am "officially" unemployed, I have a part-time job that often requires nearly 12 hours to complete. It would be cruel to a dog to leave it alone that much.  And if I brought the dog with me to work, all the supervisors would probably "go postal," so to speak.  I guess I will just have to satisfy my desire to own a pet by visiting my sister Susan and brother-in-law George up in Fort Collins.  They have two dogs up there that I believe are the original hounds from hell.  And I mean that with all due respect.

No comments:

Post a Comment