Thursday, October 24, 2013

Those Shining Mountains!


I have just about finished reading "The Shining," an early horror novel by Stephen King.  The story takes place in the mountains of Colorado, which I can see every morning by gazing west, but never go into. A good thing too, since it appears that away from the ski areas, the Colorado mountains seem to be "Spook Central" during the winter.  I have nothing against ghosts, per se, but on the other hand, I have enough trouble dealing with reality these days, let alone the spirit world.  On the other hand, why am I obsessed with taking the "Ghost Tour" at the Stanley Hotel (where the novel allegedly takes place) this coming Halloween? Are those spirits summoning me there, or what?   More later, as we approach the dreaded Halloween holiday...

No comments:

Post a Comment