Wednesday, October 23, 2013

Broncomania - Is There No Cure?


I stopped in at Jordan's Irish Pub - just across the street from the University of Denver, my old employer - Sunday night to watch the Denver Broncos play the Indianapolis Colts.  People are crazy about the Broncos here.  Even when the local baseball team - the Colorado Rockies - were in a playoff race (three times over the past 20 years), the main sports story each night would be what quarterback John Elway's grandmother thought of the team's prospects, or something similar.  On the other hand, whenever I was in Colombia, Missouri for software training (back when I worked for the DU Bookstore), people would be watching baseball in the bars and restaurants, mesmerized by the Saint Louis Cardinals, hanging on every pitch. And now the Cardinals - and not for the first time by any means - are in the World Series.  A coincidence?  I think not.

No comments:

Post a Comment