Wednesday, October 2, 2013

Decisions Decisions


I mentioned a few weeks ago that Carol - my friend and a former DU Bookstore colleague - told me that she was so frightened reading Steven King's The Shining that she threw it behind the sofa to keep herself from reading it any more.  I thought this was a great recommendation, and bought a copy to read.  I mentioned this to my friend Valarie - the former Operations Manager of the DU Bookstore - and she told me she thought The Stand was King's scariest novel.  I bought a copy of that one, too.  Now I need to decide which to read first.  Coincidentally, Stephen King's latest novel is a sequel to The Shining, but I won't be buying that one.  It is only in hardcover, and as I've mentioned before, I am a cheapskate and proud of it.

No comments:

Post a Comment