Sunday, October 20, 2013

Beautiful Junk!


I volunteered to work at the Action Center's Beautiful Junk sale yesterday afternoon, helping to pack things up after the sale ended at 4:00 P.M.  My friend Valarie, the Action Center's Office Manager and the former Operations Manager of the DU Bookstore, is seen in the photograph above with one of the treasures she purchased, a gold cupid lamp that no doubt was once part of the furnishings of a Victorian bordello here in Denver.  In any case, I suppose that is better than buying an ancient full length mirror with the glass painted all black.  I once saw an episode of "Thriller" (an old, very scary television show hosted by Boris Karloff) where someone did just that and made the mistake of scraping the paint off.  A very bad move, trust me.

No comments:

Post a Comment