Monday, October 7, 2013

Nothing Says Florida Like A Flamingo


As I mentioned in yesterday's Blog Post, I think I might be getting homesick for Stuart, Florida - located along the Atlantic on the Treasure Coast and where my mother and father moved in 1976.  However, I am not sure why flamingos are associated so much with Florida.  I have never seen a flamingo in person except at the zoo, although I hear that a flock (or gaggle, or coven, or gathering) of them is kept at the Hialeah Horse Race Track.  In the small town of Stuart, Florida, you are just as likely to see a unicorn as a flamingo wading in the water, and if you do report one, you will quickly be taken in for a psychiatric evaluation. However, if you deny everything, they will have to let you go.  At least that's what happened to me.  And for the record, it definitely was a unicorn.

No comments:

Post a Comment