Tuesday, December 1, 2015

It's December!


Hard to believe that it is already December.  It seems to me I was just whining about all the rain we had this past spring, and now here I am whining about all the snow we've had already.  In honor of this blast of winter, I am featuring a photograph I took of my mother Mary in front of our house in the South Side Brainerd neighborhood of Chicago back in March of 1962.  My mother is standing in front of our 1961 Pontiac Catalina, which my father traded in for a 1963 Pontiac Grand Prix that December.  He went to Jim Miller Pontiac to get the cigarette lighter fixed, and came back with that brand new car.  And my mother was not pleased.  Christmas of 1962 was not a happy time.  I know I'm starting to repeat these stories, but tough.

No comments:

Post a Comment