Monday, January 18, 2016

It's My Sister Susan's Birthday!


Today is my sister Susan's birthday.  I'm not going to say how old she is, only that she was born during the darkest days of World War II.  She never did serve in that war, however.  I am featuring a photograph of both Susan and myself (since tomorrow is my birthday, too, after all), taken in the backyard of our house in the South Side Brainerd neighborhood of Chicago.  It was taken on the occasion of my graduation from Fort Dearborn Grammar School, which both my sister and I attended.  I must state here and now that some of the teachers there told my mother that Susan was "a piece of work," and when I came around they automatically assumed that I was a piece of work, too, and treated me accordingly.  Not that I'm bitter.  At least not now.

No comments:

Post a Comment