Saturday, January 30, 2016

More 1940's Nostalgia








I ran across the photograph on the left in an old photo album the other day and decided to put it on the Blog.  It shows my sister Susan in her baby carriage and my Grandmother Spillard (my mother's mother) back in Chicago during the spring of 1943.  What I want to know is if was taken in downtown Brainerd, the South Side Chicago neighborhood where I grew up.  I can see a High Low Food Store in the background, which I remember being there, but there were High Low's all over Chicago back then, not to mention Walgreen's, also visible in the photograph.  I have e-mailed this photo to my brother-in-law George for him to show my sister, so she can confirm it's location.  She has always told me she was a brilliant child, and so I am sure she will remember this moment, even if she was only one year old.

No comments:

Post a Comment