Monday, January 25, 2016

The Breckenridge Brewery


My friend Stuart and I walked down to the Breckenridge Brew Pub in Lower Downtown Denver Saturday evening after spending the afternoon at the National Western Stock Show.  Stuart and I dined here on their opening night, back in February of 1993.  I remembered that it was February and about 10 below zero outside, and that Coors Field was under construction just kitty corner from the place, but not the year. Stuart remembered the date exactly.  Serious cold will do that.  In any case, the Colorado Rockies had not yet begun playing baseball yet, so there was excitement in the air.  Today, however, after more losing seasons than I care to remember, I think that Colorado Rockies excitement is not quite as strong.  Go Figure.

No comments:

Post a Comment