Saturday, January 2, 2016

The 2016 CTA Historical Calendar Is Here!


This is truly exciting news.  Every year the Chicago Transit Authority issues a downloadable calendar with historic photos of CTA trains and buses in various parts of the Chicago, and it now online  You can download it and just view it on your computer, or you can print it out and hang it on your wall.  I myself printed out the March 2007 page to put on my refrigerator, since it features a 1930s era photograph of a streetcar going down the hill on 111th Street, in the Beverly neighborhood, close to where I grew up in the Brainerd neighborhood of Chicago.  I took the above photograph of that particular calendar page, along with another of my favorite possessions, a 1948 world globe I bought years ago at Chuckle's Used Books and Fine Antiques in Hobe Sound, Florida.  And do not think I am not a forward looking person just because my favorite things feature the distant past.  I'm known to my friends as "Mr. With-It." Download the CTA Calendar now at http://www.transitchicago.com/historicalcalendar/.

No comments:

Post a Comment