Saturday, January 23, 2016

Remembering Paris




When I was the Finance Manager for the University of Denver Bookstore, I received over 4 weeks of vacation days a year, and a fairly decent salary, and so decided maybe it was time to take a few trips to Europe.  As soon as I got my passport, the first place I visited was Paris.  As Audrey Hepburn says as Sabrina, in the movie of the same name, "Paris is always a good idea."  I visited there for 5 days, staying at the Royal Phare Hotel, right around the corner from the market  street of Rue Clare, and had a wonderful time.  Going up to the top of the Eiffel Tower was an almost surreal experience.  I visited all the museums and saw as much as possible on that trip.  I even climbed to the top of Notre Dame Cathedral, where I took the photograph on the left.  These days I am living in more modest circumstances, but in 2018, the year I hope to retire - and if I have the money - I plan to travel big time once again.  Watch out Europe!  I'll be back!

No comments:

Post a Comment