Sunday, January 31, 2016

The Calm Before The Storm


I don't know what the high temperature was in Denver yesterday (in the upper 60s at least), but I was able to go outside without a coat, and for me in the dead of winter, that is saying something.  I took the above photograph as I was leaving work last night, showing downtown Denver under a perfectly clear sky. However,  whenever it gets that warm here, it usually means a change in the weather is near.  And yes, the weather forecasters are going into a frenzy, talking about a massive storm that will arrive here this very evening.  It is what they call an "upslope," which means the storm comes from the south and moves in a counterclockwise circle, pushing against the mountains from east to west.  These are the storms that give us the most snow.  I think the weather geeks are predicting 6 to 12 feet, or something like that (they like to exaggerate).  Of course, they are usually wrong, so why worry?  Unless they are right.

No comments:

Post a Comment