Sunday, January 3, 2016

Watching Cricket With Mark


I visited my friend Mark - who works at the University of Denver's Anderson Academic Commons (i.e. the library) - yesterday afternoon to watch a cricket match on television between Melbourne and Sydney.  I have never watched a cricket match before, but after watching the game over a three hour period even I was able to get the gist of it.  And I was surprised to learn that the three hour cricket match is a relatively new innovation.  Traditional cricket games can go on for the entire day. and "test" cricket matches can last three days.  For those games I assume fans bring their pillows, blankets, and toiletries with them. In any case, I took the above photograph of Mark wearing all his cricket gear, which he wears when watching the matches. We White Sox fans, however, wear no such paraphernalia.  It is painful enough to be a White Sox fan, let alone to be identified and ridiculed as one.

No comments:

Post a Comment