Wednesday, March 23, 2016

Dinner At The Three Lions With Mark


I had dinner and beers last night with my friend Mark at the Three Lions Pub, just down the street from the bookstore where I work on Colfax.  Mark, as you will remember, works at the University of Denver's Anderson Academic Commons (the library).  The Three Lions is a "World Football" pub (i.e. a soccer pub), and I couldn't help but notice that the place was pretty empty.  Mark said that the place would be hopping on Saturday and Sunday mornings, when all the live soccer telecasts take place.  I would have to believe that beer sales at this place would be pretty low because of that, but what do I know?  In any case, Mark is planning a trip to Avon-On-Stratford in November and hopes to tour a bit of the rest of England when he is there, too.  Mark has visited quite a bit of Europe, often traveling with his brother, who works at the Denver Botanical Garden.  Of course, his brother likes to visit botanical gardens, and Mark likes to attend soccer games, so is it really travel?  I say no.

No comments:

Post a Comment