Thursday, March 3, 2016

Let The Games Begin!


Baseball spring training games began yesterday, and will continue throughout the month of March in both Florida and Arizona.  There can be no surer sign of spring than this.  And Opening Day is less than 5 weeks away.  How exciting is that?  Of course, the Colorado Rockies are predicted to lose 100 games and finish dead last, but on the other hand, both the National League (North Side) Chicago Cubs and American League (South Side - Yea!) Chicago White Sox are predicted to finish first in their divisions.  No doubt this year will be the first "subway" World Series in Chicago since 1906.  Let the good times roll!  And by the way, I took the above photograph at a Florida State League (Single A) baseball game at Roger Dean Stadium in Jupiter, Florida this past August.  While it hosts minor league baseball (the Palm Beach Cardinals and Jupiter Hammerheads) in the summer, during the spring it is where the St. Louis Cardinals and Miami Marlins train.  Of course, since my sister Susan and my Stuart, Florida condo is rented through April, I will not be able to attend any spring training games unless I just show up and demand to use the spare bedroom.. I wonder how that would go over?  Probably very well, I suspect.

No comments:

Post a Comment