Monday, March 7, 2016

First Friday!




I didn't have to work at my part-time job Friday night, and so was able to attend the First Friday Art Walk on Santa Fe Drive here in Denver.  I ran into my friend and former DU Bookstore colleague Carol, along with her husband, exhibiting her work at the Spark Gallery (see yesterday's Blog) and also saw some wonderful black and white photographs in the same gallery by Bruce Zander. Carol told me that just an hour ago Wally, my friend and another former University of Denver Bookstore colleague, along with his wife Linda, had also made an appearance.




After visiting with Carol at the Spark Gallery, I went to the MSU (Metropolitan State University) Gallery to check out their exhibit.  They were featuring the late 18th and early 19th century political caricatures of James Gillray, along with the artwork of 3 of his contemporary counterparts.  That is where I took the photograph of one of my fellow hipsters, seen on the left.








I then headed to the John Fielder Gallery, where I saw some really great travel photographs on display by Jeff Carter and Richard Voninski, before heading to the Point Gallery, which I always make a point never to miss.  I just love the space, and like to walk through it, but to be honest, I have never seen any art work there I am too crazy about.  There were a few interesting black and white photographs by Denver photographer Mark Sink there, but most of the art looks like the piece in the photograph on the right. Of course, I might not like it, but perhaps it would look good in your living room. Maybe I can get you a deal.

No comments:

Post a Comment