Sunday, March 20, 2016

The Lost Slides


I got to talking with a customer at my part-time job, and learned that she lived in Michigan City, Indiana.  I told her that I used to bike from Michigan City along Lake Michigan to Grand Beach, Michigan, where the first Mayor Daley had a summer home and a bunch of angry looking guys in suits used to hang out at the entrance to the place.  The customer told me that the second Mayor Daley (now retired)  still uses the place, and that her husband put in new floors for him.  After she left, I remembered that I took a lot of slides of that area, and this past weekend I decided to look for them.  I discovered a treasure trove of slides in a shoebox taken during the 1970s when my parents and I - and for a very brief time my sister - were living in Country Club Hills, Illinois, in the southern suburbs of Chicago (hated it, hated it, hated it).  Many of these slides are of Chicago during that period, and a lot more are of family.  Now all I need is the time to go through the slides and scan them into the computer.  I think they call this kind of time retirement.

No comments:

Post a Comment