Wednesday, March 2, 2016

Visiting With Doug


I went to visit my friend and former University of Denver Bookstore colleague Doug at the Wizard's Chest, near 4th and Broadway here in Denver.  Doug works there every Saturday as the resident magician, doing card tricks and magic for the entertainment of the customers.  Doug was retained as the textbook buyer after the DU Bookstore was outsourced by the University of Denver to Follett Higher Education Group, but about 8 months ago he decided to retire, and is enjoying it immensely.  Doug does not want me to take any more photographs of him to put on this Blog (probably because he is in witness protection), and so I am using the photograph I took of him (on the left) and Marty (on the right, also a former DU Bookstore textbook buyer) when the 3 of us traveled to Paris back in 1888, during a previous life.  Doug looks just the same, only older.  Not like me.

No comments:

Post a Comment