Monday, January 30, 2017

A Return To The Zoo


As I mentioned in a previous Blog, I tried to go to the Denver Zoo last week, but could not find a parking spot.  Unknown to me at the time, it was a free day, and so most of the population of Denver seemed to be there, creating huge traffic jams in the parking lots of City Park.  I returned to the zoo yesterday - a non-free day, thank God - and easily found a space, despite the fact that it was a beautiful day (61 degrees and sunny) and still fairly crowded.  There were lots of families there, enjoying the day and each other's company.  In fact, the only one who did not seem to be enjoying the day was the zoo's Black Crested Macaque, seen in the above photograph.  I  have seen this particular monkey a number of times, and he never seems any happier, either.  I suspect the Black Crested Macaque is the curmudgeon of the animal kingdom.  Hey!  I can sympathize, guy.

No comments:

Post a Comment