Tuesday, January 3, 2017

The 2017 CTA Historical Calendar Is Here!





The Chicago Transit Authority (CTA) has released it's 2017 historical calendar.  Is that great news or what?  I have been downloading these calendars for years, and they are great.  Not only do they show various CTA trains, buses, and trolley cars from years past, but also great historical photos of Chicago.   I myself have a 1930s era photograph on my refrigerator from the 2007 calendar that shows a streetcar climbing the 111th Street hill in the Beverly neighborhood, not far from the South Side Brainerd neighborhood where I grew up. Of course, contrary to popular opinion, I actually do not remember 1930s Chicago, but it still makes me feel nostalgic about the area.  And the best thing of all about the calendar is that it's free. Yes! Free! You can keep it on your computer, or print it out and put it up on the wall.  And did I mention it is free?  Download it now at http://www.transitchicago.com/historicalcalendar/.

No comments:

Post a Comment