Wednesday, January 25, 2017

The Zoo In Winter - Busier Than You Would Think...


I tried to visit the Denver Zoo Saturday afternoon to take a few Blog photographs, but I could not find a parking space.  In fact, it was bumper to bumper traffic throughout City Park, where the zoo is located.  I spent about half an hour looking for a spot, but finally gave up the ghost and said to hell with it.  I did make a point to drive past the entrance in order to see if they were giving away $100 bills or something, and took the photograph on the left.  It seems the reason for the huge crowds was not free money, but a "free day."  As far as I could tell, there were maybe 100,000 cars circling the lot, and so I have to wonder where the hell all these cheapskates came from.  If you guessed California, you might just be right.




Because of this change in plan, I wound up driving to Fort Collins way too early for dinner with my sister Susan and brother-in-law George, and on a whim decided to visit Horsetooth Reservoir, located just to the west of town.  On the way back, I ran into a herd of deer - seen in the photograph on the right - grazing on a stretch of prairie.  How ironic is that?  I started the day trying to get into the zoo, and wound up photographing wildlife just a few miles west of my sister Susan and brother-in-law George's front door.  Go figure.

No comments:

Post a Comment