Tuesday, January 24, 2017

A Visit To Horsetooth Reservoir





I drove up to Horsetooth Reservoir Saturday afternoon to kill an hour or two before visiting my sister Susan and brother-in-law George up in Fort Collins, Colorado.  It has been many years since I visited Horsetooth, and for some reason I thought it was a lot farther away than it really is - a mere 4 miles west of Fort Collin's main drag.




The last time I visited the place was back in the 1980s, on a picnic with my brother-in-law George's cousin Richard, his mother Frances, and my  mother Mary, along with George and my sister Susan.  I remember my mother mistakenly thought the name of the place was Whore's Tooth Reservoir, which we all found quite amusing, and if so, would have changed the whole atmosphere of the place. And yes, as you can see from the photograph on the right, it is indeed still a very pretty place.  And why have Susan and George never visited this area during the past 30 years, even though it s a mere four miles from their door?  Good question.  I suppose it is for the same reason so many people who live by the ocean never visit the beach.  You just take for granted that it is there, and always will be.

No comments:

Post a Comment