Wednesday, July 25, 2018

An Update On Killer Falling Trees And Their Victims



Two years ago this month, I posted photographs of a house near the bookstore where I work that was hit by a massive tree during a severe thunderstorm.  The first two photographs in the above triptych show the aftermath of that event.  Amazingly, that house stood with that gaping hole in it for a year and a half. Finally, earlier this year, repairs were begun, and as you can see in the third photo, the repairs are almost complete.   The house is actually looking pretty nice, although I would still be worried a family of mountain lions might have moved into the basement in the interim.  Rumor around the block says that the owner of the property sold it to someone for a dollar after the City of Denver threatened to condemn it.  And although I have been cursing how much my annual property insurance bill was this year, I now see the value of having a good policy in place.  Especially with my luck.  And by the way, yesterday we had another massive rainstorm with winds as strong as the one that knocked that tree down, so watch the hell out, property owners.  Trees are dangerous.

No comments:

Post a Comment