Saturday, July 28, 2018

Catching A Sky Sox Game With Mark



My friend Mark (who works at the University of Denver's library) and I drove down to Colorado  Springs to see a Sky Sox game last night.  I must say, the Friday night traffic really surprised me.  Years ago, back when my ex-wife Lisa and I used to drive down to the Springs to visit her parents, the traffic didn't seem nearly as bad, but of course that was 30 years ago, and as I recall, you could drive around those stage coaches pretty easily and make good time.  In any case, we got there at the top of the 2nd inning and bought really great seats in the infield, close to the front.  Of course, it rained during the first half of the game, but I really can't recall when it hasn't rained during a game there, and therefore I had brought an umbrella for just such an occasion.  The Sky Sox, the AAA affiliate of the Milwaukee Brewers, did not look too good, and lost to the Albuquerque Isotopes, the Colorado Rockies affiliate, 6 to 1.  It was a fun evening, and possibly our last AAA game here in Colorado, since the Sky Sox are moving to San Antonio, Texas next year.  They will be replaced by the Helena Brewers, a Pioneer League team.  The level of play will be much lower, but on the other hand, the Sky Sox weren't exactly the 1927 Yankees last night, so maybe that won't be an issue.  And Mark, as usual, enjoyed the game but once again seemed to be focusing on soccer and cricket last night.  Situation normal.

No comments:

Post a Comment