Monday, July 30, 2018

Summertime



As I mentioned yesterday, I visited the Cheesman Park Art Fest Saturday afternoon.  Not only did I enjoy the art, but also the music.  A duo called Franny and the Jets was performing Summertime when I arrived, which was very appropriate for that pleasant Saturday afternoon.  They stuck with the old standards, including Dream a Little Dream of Me, which was very refreshing, since most of the time, whether at a soccer pub or even a Colorado Rockies games, I have to sit and listen to grunge or heavy metal music at a volume that can actually harm the ears.  Their music evokes a time when the only violence seemed to come from fictional New York street gangs like the Sharks and the Jets, mainly in the form of dance moves.  And no, I am not an old fogey.

No comments:

Post a Comment