Thursday, July 26, 2018

Old Black Magic



I just started reading Old Black Magic, the latest Spenser mystery by Ace Atkins.  Robert B. Parker created and wrote this mystery series for many years, featuring Boston P.I. Spenser and a cast of characters that includes his sidekick Hawk and his girlfriend Susan Silverman.  After Parker passed away, his widow selected Atkins to continue the series, and he has done a wonderful job with it.  I truly can't tell it is not Robert Parker writing it, and judging by the length of the waiting list at the library to get it, I am obviously not alone in my opinion.  This time Spenser is hired by a Boston Museum to recover an El Greco painting stolen 20 years ago and valued at 70 million dollars.  With that kind of money at stake, it turns out to be a very dangerous assignment.  These stories are witty, fast-paced, and fun to read.  I can't recommend them highly enough.

No comments:

Post a Comment